Jonesboro located near Christians was a community once located in Swoope Virginia, Augusta County along what now is Scott-Christiains Road on Rippetoe Lane. The community was founded in 1878 with an original area of sixty-three acres and was thriving until about the mid 1950s. The community contained a church/school, a tavern, and cemetery. The community is thought to have had seventeen homesites. The community now lays in ruins and is slowly disappearing.
(Area of Jonesboro from the Map Of The Pastures Magisterial District Augusta County,Virginia. By Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E. 1884)
Current Satellite Overview of Jonesboro
GPS Plotted Overview of the Jonesboro Community
(SPRING WHERE SOME OF THE COMMUNITY GOT THEIR WATER)
(SURVEY OF JONESBORO 1878)